vineri, 25 septembrie 2015

Impressions from our trip (very funny ))

Olguta



When I heard that we were going to NY city, I was very excited. But my excitement soon died down quickly after I found out what we were going to do there. For the first week, we would ride around and stare at ordinary buildings around us--which I found very boring since I have already seen plenty of buildings elsewhere--next we went to see the Statue of Liberty, though it had to be at quite a distance since it would cost too much to see it up close (or take too long). Also did I mention we went on a ferry to see it? I guess that was my favorite part. The first week went by pretty quickly, and we finally reached Sunday. I wasn't sure if I was going to see my preschool friend or not, since it has been so long, so I didn't keep my hopes up to high. But to my luck my mother found out she was still here, and I was glad because there were only unfamiliar old people there, that i didn't know, but they seemed to know me so I played along and pretended to recognize them.  After Sunday was over, to my dismay, we had to begin the hard week. My parents would always be so busy and always needed help, so they were giving me and my other siblings lot of work to do. And of course there were whinings and scoldings. After a hard day we would try to sleep, but the beds were so uncomfortable; my legs were hanging off, and  my  little sister has never heard of personal space, and the blankets were so thin. I missed my comfy big bed, with all the space I need, and fluffy blankets and pillows. The week seemed to take forever and I got more and more sick of New York. Too many nasty people, graffiti, narrow roads, traffic noises. But I had to get used to it. Then FINALLY, Saturday arrived. We all packed our stuff, added some finishing touches, then LEFT! The airplane was a pain in the butt, though. Literally. Also my two little siblings were always fighting for the window seat. Cornelia was actually CRYING. The worst was over and we got home quickly as possible. I was so relieved. But then.... A fresh new wave of stress, panic, and worry arrived. Because of the concert in five days.


Cornelia
Our two-week trip to New York City was very interesting. We went on adventures like going on a ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, going to Maine, and many others! Our basic idea on going to NYC is to take everything out of our house there, for we sold it and had to clear everything out of the house. The first week was easy-going ( for me ) and the second week it got a bit more harder, and harder 'till Wednsday. The house was still full. We had a lot of work ahead of us! My parents got Rubbish Removers twice, or even three times. We brought some stuff with us and the rest thrown away with the Rubbish Removers. On George St, my dad has an apartment there. The yard is full of weeds and spiders and bugs. Yuck, if you pulled at least one weed out your hand would be all muddy and dirty. I tried it, pal. We had to clean the basement and put a few of our items in our house on Seneca St/Dr/anythingelse in there. Imagine how many spiders could be in there! Everywhere you turn you'll see at least two or three spiderwebs. When my dad and my oldest brother, Stefan/Codrin went to clear the basement a little, they found a raccoon in there! We were bored about NYC, and we'll head onto Maine because it was part of our trip. You see, we didn't go to Maine just to see the beautiful scenery. We are planning to move there, and we looked at a few houses we viewed on Trulia.com, but first before we move to Maine we are going to our beautiful Country Romania for about 6 months to 1 year. I know this is a little off-topic, but i'll add it because it was awesome adventurous and with amazing scenery... About in our second week or before our second week, we traveled up to Maine. It took hours and hours to get there, and we had to wake up at 5:00 AM., but it was awesome. We got some sleep and a butter-roll to eat on our trip. Once we arrived in Maine, we stopped at a hotel called Super-8.
;We had a TV and and comfy beds. We only stayed there for 2 days. But before we had to go, we went to a friend's house we met in Colorado. They moved to Maine, though. They had 5 dogs, 2 horses, 4 cats and ALOT of chickens! I also got to ride on one of the horses, and i gotta tell ya somethin'. If you're feeling nervous to ride a horse, just stay longer. You'll get used to it and you'd want to ride a horse everyday! Anyway, it was time to go back to New York. We went to Connecticut and stopped there at a hotel. It was Motel-6, a bit worse ( a lot worse ) than Super-8. It smelled like someone smoked in there and the bathroom door wouldn't close fully. I was glad to be back in NYC. and I already told about what we did in the second week of our trip to NYC and Maine. That was our trip to NYC, pretty adventurous, huh? Well, im glad to be writing this essay about NYC and im also VERY glad to be back in San Diego, CA


Niciun comentariu: