miercuri, 5 octombrie 2016

The war

Quote:

"This fall, we continue our highly popular Approaches to Literature course.
Last year, students read and discussed Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451,"
Franz Kafka's "Metamorphosis," Bram Stoker's "Dracula," Ralph Ellison’s
“Invisible Man,” Hermann Hesse’s “Siddhartha,” and other classical texts.
Students vote on what to read (serious books found in high school
curricula) and analyze these texts from political, philosophical,
religious, and psychological standpoints. The course is taught as a college
seminar in style.
Current students voted on the fall books: they will begin with Tolstoy's
"Anna Karenina", followed by Joyce's "Ulysses." The texts need to be read
over the summer."



I can see clearly now. Texts like the one above scare me. I can see beyond the words and I can even hear the discussions about those books. I am afraid to go and listen to the students discussing and having the impression that they can bring something new in this, that they are smart enough not to be influenced by the teacher. 

I am in two or three group forums on FB and I feel like a stranger. I read their posts and see their fuss over the actual world problems and I feel like we are in different bubbles, and is no connection between us, just a little bump, from time to time, when our bubbles collide, we say "hello", "excuse me", we smile, and go in our bubble again. And I am so afraid that the world is full of these women - teachers, doctors, lawyers, moms, composers, music appreciators and the world will change, they will change the world, bringing out what is most disgraceful and ungodly on this planet. And I think they are blind, and happy, a sick happiness, rotten and full of black cavities. 

I am different, and I feel like my bubble is shrinking and pushed away.
I am lonely and my voice is weak, I don't even speak anymore. 
I am just contemplating the rainbow bubbles that collide blissfully.

I can't help to think "Where are they coming from?" "Did they all go to the same school?
 "Same meetings?" How can they be on the same note? They look through the same glasses, they have the same language, notions, they like to push the same buttons.  That. Is. Scary.

And I realized, that in truth, the fight is about who gets the mind of the children. That is a complete lie that school doesn't influence kids. 
In US, charter schools don't give the homeschoolers money to buy religious book. It is true that God was expelled from schools. He is a non grata person in school, and nobody can say His name without pointing to a bad war that happened because of Him. 

The greatest lie that is happening right now is the war involving gay people. And oh, So. Much. Pleasure. in telling all kind of stories about this "poor"community. 
I am baffled to see how they push this down to our throats. I am so sick of reading stories about them, about how they overcome the hardships in this world.. Ha, give me break!

Niciun comentariu: